We’ve heard all of the above questions these past couple of weeks, but don’t worry… it is actually a principle of great neighborhood development. Its’purpose is to control storm-water run-off. It looks pretty daunting right now, but just wait!
You may have noticed new walls are being placed at the southwest corner of the project. They are replacing the existing walls that were showing their age, the walls that buttressed the church, school and playground for over a hundred years. And home to the raccoons who loved to inhabit the drainage pipes within the walls (the original storm-water method), where heavy rains would wash them down the pipes and unceremoniously dump them onto Chicago St. like the end of a water slide.
Those new walls will maintain the stability of the site, as well as help provide the necessary protection for the system that will filter and collect storm-water run-off from the land and allow it to slowly disperse into Valparaiso’s storm-water system. More about that to come!
Stay tuned to see how this deep hole in the ground becomes one of Valparaiso’s finest, residential, downtown addresses.
St. Paul Square will be an upscale, elegant condo community in downtown Valparaiso that will be located on the corner of Chicago and Campbell St. The community will include 4 buildings with 10 flats and 2 townhomes each. The buildings will be three stories tall, will include a common’s area elevator.
We are currently taking names of those interested in more information, as well as reserving spots on a first come, first serve basis.
- Brick Veneer on front & sides and James Hardie Fiber-Cementous siding
- on sides and rear
- Decks w/Azek composite floors and Black Iron railings
- Marvin Integrity Series Windows w/ black finish (white interior), double-hung w/both sashes tilting in and screen
- 10 air conditioning boxes on roof of building
- Pergola for nice open setting space w/patio furniture
- Sunken Community Garden provides flower containers for lovely area
- Garage door opener w/ 2 transmitters and 1 keypad
- Garage interior – insulated, drywalled and painted
- Plenty of parking for family, guests & visitors
- Planned Valpo Velocity location & V-Line bus stop
- Convenient location with easy access to the dining and shopping of the downtown Valparaiso area
- 10 ft. Main Floor Ceilings
- Townhomes have private entrances
- Commons Elevator servicing 10 flats
- Mail box system and box delivery
- Intercom safe entry system and both exterior doors
- Building –Wide Water softener By-pass system
- Comcast Cable – special service package
- Two Panel Painted, Masonite Safe’n’Sound doors w/Painted interior trim w/Schlage satin nickel hardware
- Sherwin Williams Interior Paint Package – One Color Trim & Ceiling, One Color Walls – Sher-Scrub-Eggshell Finish
- Selections by Customer from Selection Center for Carpets
- Engineered Wood floors for Entry/Hallway/Living/Dining & Kitchen VCT @ Laundry & mechanical, and Ceramic floors @ Baths
- Closet shelving – Rubbermaid @ pantry, linen and bedrooms
- All Lighting Fixtures and Light-bulbs provided by CCI, w/2 ceiling paddle fans
- Storage shelves @ garage and laundry room
- Cabinetry by Wolf – profile – Dartmouth Square Panel Door, Maple, w/Crown Molding, hardware, under cabinet lights, Light Rail, Full Extension, Soft-close Drawers and Doors.
- Choices of Stain Colors or White Painted Cabinets
- 42” Upper cabinets, No Soffits above Kitchen Cabinets as standard
- Countertops-Granite or Cosmos Quartz
- Ceramic Backsplash Subway tile
- Stainless 18g. Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Hansgrohe Faucet w/soap dispenser in Stainless finish
- Standard Appliance Package in Stainless – Quiet-Wash Dishwasher, ½ hp. Garbage Disposal, Gas Range, Commercial style exhaust hood, Micro-drawer
- Counter-Depth Refrigerator, Front Loading Washer & Gas Dryer
- Master Bath – Shower – Cultured Marble walls w/Acrylic floor Base w/semi-frameless clear glass door
- Guest Bath — White Acrylux tub w/Cultured Marble walls Shower walls
- Vanity Cabinetry by Wolf- Full Extension, Soft-close Drawers & Doors & Hardware
- Raised Vanity Height (34”) all Baths
- Cultured Marble Vanity Tops-Onyx Systems
- Hansgrohe faucets in Chrome finish
- Toto Entrada – Toilets – White Elongated, Raised ADA height
- No mirrors included as standard – will install your simple hang type
- Chrome Bath Accessories- towel bars, paper holder, towel rings and
- Shower rod @ guest bath only